Central Qld Blokart Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Central Qld Blokart Club

Central Queensland Blokart Club Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
THIS FORUM IS NOW CLOSED

NEW C.Q.B.C. FORUM
http://z3.invisionfree.com/CQBC_Forum

100km CQBC

Go down 
+3
OLD FART
wayneo
djb
7 posters
AuthorMessage
djb
Admin
djb

100km CQBC Empty
PostSubject: 100km CQBC   100km CQBC EmptyTue May 12, 2009 2:43 pm

We should all put our positive ideas together and make this proposal a reality.
After being part of the 2009 Open (as relative newbies) and having had such a great time, we should keep the momentum going.
Those who organised the Open and other meetings will already have an insight into how much work it takes to co-ordinate
such an event.
Anyone that can contribute to making this happen, please show your support and provide ideas and actions
and help make this become a "must go to event"!
If we all join in, it can happen.

Darren.
Back to top Go down
wayneo
Admin

100km CQBC Empty
PostSubject: Re: 100km CQBC   100km CQBC EmptyTue May 12, 2009 3:32 pm

Let's not put the cart before the horse here, between the 15 of us on this forum we very have a small field of competitors.

There willl be council approvals/permits to arrange.
We may have issues with using the entire beach from Yeppoon to Sandy Point if it's held on a weekend as it's a popular 4WD area but I'm sure we can arrange something that will suit the Council and ourselves. Interstate people may baulk at travelling here twice in one year due to cost.

I'll post on Seabreaze and Blokart Australia to see if there's any interstate interest. etc. etc.

If this happens, it's gonna be big!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
OLD FART
Admin
OLD FART

100km CQBC Empty
PostSubject: Re: 100km CQBC   100km CQBC EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:06 am

wayneo wrote:
Let's not put the cart before the horse here, between the 15 of us on this forum we very have a small field of competitors.

There willl be council approvals/permits to arrange.
We may have issues with using the entire beach from Yeppoon to Sandy Point if it's held on a weekend as it's a popular 4WD area but I'm sure we can arrange something that will suit the Council and ourselves. Interstate people may baulk at travelling here twice in one year due to cost.

I'll post on Seabreaze and Blokart Australia to see if there's any interstate interest. etc. etc.

If this happens, it's gonna be big!!!!!!
Wayne, Phil has very kindly offered to help on this one, he managed to handle required permits for Aus Open which included the marathons, true we have to feel the ground swell re the interstate contestants, nothing ventured nothing gained. A couple of practise runs by ourselfs certainly won't hurt. keep in mind we have State Of Origin III later this year.
cheers cheers PS I like the sound of Queenslands Blokart 100 or Central Queensland Blokart 100 more to think about.
Back to top Go down
philc

100km CQBC Empty
PostSubject: Re: 100km CQBC   100km CQBC EmptyWed May 13, 2009 4:25 am

Guys & Gals

Sounds like we have enough support already to create a happy and constructive blokart event, i'm sure if we move forward from this point and make it known that the event will be on, many blokarters will put themselves aside for the dates selected.
Lets keep in mind that this could be the first of an awesome annual event, i do beleive at this stage it's not about the numbers but more about ensuring that the event will work.
We should now put it to the club and from that point have a sub committe selected for the set up and running of the event, ie "job delegation".
As previously said i'm more than happy to help in anyway i can and job capacities can be discussed away from the forum once the sub committe is put in place.

" Central Queenslands Blokart 100 "

My thoughts..........PhilC
Back to top Go down
Hisky

100km CQBC Empty
PostSubject: Re: 100km CQBC   100km CQBC EmptyWed May 13, 2009 5:38 am

philc wrote:
Guys & Gals

Sounds like we have enough support already to create a happy and constructive blokart event, i'm sure if we move forward from this point and make it known that the event will be on, many blokarters will put themselves aside for the dates selected.
Lets keep in mind that this could be the first of an awesome annual event, i do beleive at this stage it's not about the numbers but more about ensuring that the event will work.
We should now put it to the club and from that point have a sub committe selected for the set up and running of the event, ie "job delegation".
As previously said i'm more than happy to help in anyway i can and job capacities can be discussed away from the forum once the sub committe is put in place.

" Central Queenslands Blokart 100 "

My thoughts..........PhilC

Hi All

Agree with all said to date, one thought may be to combine a round of the State of Origin along with the QLD 100 and make it more attractive for our southern friends to attend.

Dean
Back to top Go down
Kris
Kris

100km CQBC Empty
PostSubject: Re: 100km CQBC   100km CQBC EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 12:31 am

my hand is up to volunteer on the committee to help arrange. We have enough karters here on the cap coast that are up for organising this. Definately an item of discussion at the local meeting.
Back to top Go down
Davea

100km CQBC Empty
PostSubject: Re: 100km CQBC   100km CQBC EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 2:48 am

Darren, Any ideas yet on possible dates?? Ideally we will need good south easterlies.
Happy to help out with anything I can do. I can try to get SLAM or Meridien Marinas as a major sponsor of the event!!
Back to top Go down
djb
Admin
djb

100km CQBC Empty
PostSubject: Re: 100km CQBC   100km CQBC EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 5:27 am

Hi Dave,
Old Fart, Ruth, Debbie and I had a meeting with Tourism Mackay last week and they are showing interest in promoting
an event. No dates at present, but we will need to work around the State of Origin (for Blokarts) and any other events at
a similar time.
Tourism Mackay are trying to arrange support from Kahuna Resort for possible access to their facilities which would be a
great asset as well as accommodation and transport packages.
If any others are more familiar with our wind patterns please let us know, I've had a bit of a look on our local wind history
but I'm a bit new to this.
Bucasia works well with SE wind with more easterly aspect even better. Last Thursday in mild wind (13-15knots) I clocked
up 55 km in a relatively short time, so going at that pace 100km would have taken about 2.5 hours (not quite up to
NZ pace but still viable).
Work is still happening on this project and as it draws nearer, extra help will be needed.
When more developments happen,we'll let everyone know.
Darren.
Back to top Go down
djb
Admin
djb

100km CQBC Empty
PostSubject: Re: 100km CQBC   100km CQBC EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 1:24 pm

Found this on the BOM site-(www.gov.au/climate/averages) then select state, town and check out the yearly winds and am or pm monthly
directional chances on the right side of the columns.
Mackay and Yeppoon sites both look good September/October, before state of origin.
Now we need to look at tides and school holidays and exams etc, and permission.
Let's keep it rolling.
Darren.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

100km CQBC Empty
PostSubject: Re: 100km CQBC   100km CQBC Empty

Back to top Go down

100km CQBC
Page 1 of 1