Central Qld Blokart Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Central Qld Blokart Club

Central Queensland Blokart Club Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
THIS FORUM IS NOW CLOSED

NEW C.Q.B.C. FORUM
http://z3.invisionfree.com/CQBC_Forum

Auckland Blokart Club

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
philc

Auckland Blokart Club Empty
PostSubject: Auckland Blokart Club   Auckland Blokart Club EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:15 am

Hi All

Out of interest i thought i would post a bit of International Club news, click on the link below to see the Aucland Blokart Clubs 100 km race held on Saturday, they had 38 enter and the race was won in 2hrs & 4mins, with majority running 3m sails, looks rather chilli though doesn't it, something different to look at anyway.

http://picasaweb.google.com/smokin.russell/TheGreatRace10050KmAtMuriwaiTonySmith#

Cheers
PhilC
Back to top Go down
CapnNed
Admin
CapnNed

PostSubject: Re: Auckland Blokart Club   Auckland Blokart Club EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:52 am

Looks fabulous Phil, I reckon we could organise and enduro type race along Farnborough beach some time.
They certainly have the scope for it there.
Could be a goer.

Capn Ned.
Back to top Go down
wayneo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Auckland Blokart Club   Auckland Blokart Club EmptyMon May 11, 2009 11:00 am

I'll second that.
Yeppoon to Sandy Point and back, twice!!!
What a run that would be.
Back to top Go down
djb
Admin
djb

PostSubject: Re: Auckland Blokart Club   Auckland Blokart Club EmptyMon May 11, 2009 11:08 am

Sign us up! 100km, that's only 25 laps (2km each way) at Bucasia, maybe we could do a couple practice runs to get in shape.
Definitely need to use the rope cleat with that run. 100 kms in 2 hours, that's a very good average. How many laps was it?
The weather looked a bit cooler than here - still in shorts and singlets at present.
Tides don't suit this weekend so some home jobs might get done (maybe), until then, happy karting,
Darren.
Back to top Go down
CapnNed
Admin
CapnNed

PostSubject: Re: Auckland Blokart Club   Auckland Blokart Club EmptyMon May 11, 2009 11:48 am

wayneo wrote:
I'll second that.

Wayne,

Let's pursue the concept...maybe 200kms.
Could be done.

Capn Ned
Back to top Go down
wayneo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Auckland Blokart Club   Auckland Blokart Club EmptyMon May 11, 2009 3:54 pm

CapnNed wrote:
wayneo wrote:
I'll second that.

Wayne,

Let's pursue the concept...maybe 200kms.
Could be done.

Capn Ned

Persue it we shall. But, 200km!!!!

Although it would be good to beat the K1W1's at their own game.
Back to top Go down
philc

PostSubject: Re: Auckland Blokart Club   Auckland Blokart Club EmptyTue May 12, 2009 7:24 am

Yeeha

A 100km enduro on Farnsborough Beach Sounds the goods to me, maybe set a date later in the year when we know there's good wind, pick a real low tide and we are all go. preferably a weekend date outside school holdays so travelers can reap the benifits of cheap flights.

Advertising through the clubs, local papers etc should pull a few out of the woodwork and before you know it we have an EVENT.

We would need to have council approval which i'm sure can be organized along with a few other incidentals but the key to this would be getting heads together to make it happen.

" Queenslands Blokart 100 "..........got a nice ring to it.

I'm more than keen to help if it's a goa.

Cheers
PhilC

PS.....I feel at 200km we would more than likely run out of tide?? at 100km it would allow for fast and slow to complete the course within a good tide frame.
Back to top Go down
OLD FART
Admin
OLD FART

PostSubject: Re: Auckland Blokart Club   Auckland Blokart Club EmptyTue May 12, 2009 9:53 am

philc wrote:
Yeeha

A 100km enduro on Farnsborough Beach Sounds the goods to me, maybe set a date later in the year when we know there's good wind, pick a real low tide and we are all go. preferably a weekend date outside school holdays so travelers can reap the benifits of cheap flights.

Advertising through the clubs, local papers etc should pull a few out of the woodwork and before you know it we have an EVENT.

We would need to have council approval which i'm sure can be organized along with a few other incidentals but the key to this would be getting heads together to make it happen.

" Queenslands Blokart 100 "..........got a nice ring to it.

I'm more than keen to help if it's a goa.

Cheers
PhilC

PS.....I feel at 200km we would more than likely run out of tide?? at 100km it would allow for fast and slow to complete the course within a good tide frame.
Phil: Central Qld Blokart Club are more than keen to host another major and hopefully an annual meeting for the Northern calendar, Andrew Kelly, and Myself of C.Q.B.C Mackay ,C.Q.B.C. Capricornia (Rockhampton) division and C.Q.B.C. Whitsundays division are ready to pitch in and help make this event a reality. Please!! any help or advice you can give would be greatly appreciated by our great team up here, Farnborough beach without doubt is the place for some thing like this. Lets make it happen Regards The Old Fart In A Blokart bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
djb
Admin
djb

PostSubject: Re: Auckland Blokart Club   Auckland Blokart Club EmptyTue May 12, 2009 2:21 pm

Now that we've seen how much interest this type of event can muster, (looking on jiglu, many of the NZ clubs supported the meeting)
if we are going to make ago of this, then this topic deserves it's own listing.
Any support for our own 100km event, or similar, let's post it under 100km CQBC.
Darren.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Auckland Blokart Club   Auckland Blokart Club Empty

Back to top Go down

Auckland Blokart Club
Page 1 of 1