Central Qld Blokart Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Central Qld Blokart Club

Central Queensland Blokart Club Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
THIS FORUM IS NOW CLOSED

NEW C.Q.B.C. FORUM
http://z3.invisionfree.com/CQBC_Forum

Regatta wash up

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CapnNed
Admin
CapnNed

Regatta wash up Empty
PostSubject: Regatta wash up   Regatta wash up EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 5:27 am

I'd like to take this opportunity to express my heartfelt thanks and congratulations to the selfless volunteers who put in so much time and effort to make our CQBC Regatta the enormous success it was. Without you this thing would never have gotten past the 'Good Idea' stage.

What started as a tiny flicker of an idea to maybe run a 100k event soon grew to become the full blown club regatta it turned out to be.

Dave and Ruth Moore along with Darren and Debbie Bianchi put in a herculian effort themselves and marshalled the support troops with great aplomb. Their can-do attitude rubbed off on everyone which made the whole thing as much fun as it was hard work.

Thanks also to Frank and Thelma Caruana from Nth Jacklin Motors for their generous sponsorship of the event. They sponsored the cost of the trophies which Dave Moore made himself. Certainly the most unique and sought after trophies I've seen.

Thanks to the Blokart dealers who contributed either dollars and/or Blokart accessories. Those little Blokart goodies were almost as keenly sought after as the trophies.

Joe Millen Mackay
Ivan Paterson Airlie Beach
Wayne Lewis Rockhampton
Phil Coulter Gold Coast

And thanks to all who made the effort to participate over the weekend.
From destinations including Tassie, Melbourne and Ballarat plus Sydney and SE Qld as well as Rocky, Mackay and the Whitsundays it was a fabulous mix of Blokarters who all had a bunch of fun and helped make the show a great success.

I counted several hundred if not thousands of 'Blokart Grins' over the weekend.

Very Happy

I'm proud to be involved with such an enthusiastic and determined group of individuals that is the Central Queensland Blokart Club

Andrew Kelly

President CQBC
Back to top Go down
OLD FART
Admin
OLD FART

Regatta wash up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regatta wash up   Regatta wash up EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:17 pm

CapnNed wrote:
I'd like to take this opportunity to express my heartfelt thanks and congratulations to the selfless volunteers who put in so much time and effort to make our CQBC Regatta the enormous success it was. Without you this thing would never have gotten past the 'Good Idea' stage.

What started as a tiny flicker of an idea to maybe run a 100k event soon grew to become the full blown club regatta it turned out to be.

Dave and Ruth Moore along with Darren and Debbie Bianchi put in a herculian effort themselves and marshalled the support troops with great aplomb. Their can-do attitude rubbed off on everyone which made the whole thing as much fun as it was hard work.

Thanks also to Frank and Thelma Caruana from Nth Jacklin Motors for their generous sponsorship of the event. They sponsored the cost of the trophies which Dave Moore made himself. Certainly the most unique and sought after trophies I've seen.

Thanks to the Blokart dealers who contributed either dollars and/or Blokart accessories. Those little Blokart goodies were almost as keenly sought after as the trophies.

Joe Millen Mackay
Ivan Paterson Airlie Beach
Wayne Lewis Rockhampton
Phil Coulter Gold Coast

And thanks to all who made the effort to participate over the weekend.
From destinations including Tassie, Melbourne and Ballarat plus Sydney and SE Qld as well as Rocky, Mackay and the Whitsundays it was a fabulous mix of Blokarters who all had a bunch of fun and helped make the show a great success.

I counted several hundred if not thousands of 'Blokart Grins' over the weekend.

Very Happy

I'm proud to be involved with such an enthusiastic and determined group of individuals that is the Central Queensland Blokart Club

Andrew Kelly

President CQBC
A back up note to Andrew.
C.Q.B.C Regatta 2009, Hi all from Mackay Qld , home base of C.Q.B.C. I would like to take this chance to thank every one for making this event such a huge success.
1st, To my wife and also Debbie, your catering abilitys are second to none,a big job , presented and done well, Debbie your scoring team was first class, thanks to all your off siders.
2nd, Darren, I could not have done this without you, your input was more than great, also a big thanks to your boys who I know helped on that computer.
3rd. Tourisim Mackay, the the team there where worth a million dollars for their effort put in.
4th. Our major sponsors, North Jacklin Pty Ltd- BMS EMS- Mackay City Council- and the blokart agents who donated lucky number prizes, once again these events dont happen without you.
5th. to all the people who made the effort to get down to the beach early ,and help set up the coarse and tents etc, and then come back at the end of the day and help pack it up. Two days of appreciated work that I thank you for.
To those I have forgot a big a big thanks for help given.
6th. And last To all the contestants, these events are not posable without you, some had to travel large distance at expense to attend, I applaud the the effort from all.
In wrap up for those that where not there Monday, someone was on our side for this meeting, Sat saw the wind arr on time during the the breifing and hang in all meeting in various forms. Mon, guess what?? we had only around 5-6 kts until 2.30pm ,who where the lucky karters??.
THIS WILL BE A ANNUAL EVENT, with more notice given on dates soon.

Regards Dave Moore secretary C,Q,B,C
Back to top Go down

Regatta wash up
Page 1 of 1