Central Qld Blokart Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Central Qld Blokart Club

Central Queensland Blokart Club Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
THIS FORUM IS NOW CLOSED

NEW C.Q.B.C. FORUM
http://z3.invisionfree.com/CQBC_Forum

Best Beaches

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wayneo
Admin

Best Beaches Empty
PostSubject: Best Beaches   Best Beaches EmptyTue May 05, 2009 3:59 pm

We have some of the best beaches in Australia right here in CQ so let's list the beaches that are best for blokarting.

Capricornia Area

Farborough Beach (obviously)
Mullambin Beach (dead flat, wide and about 2 km long)
Long Beach (longer than Farnborough but as yet unsailed to my knowledge)

Please post your favorite beaches for the rest of us to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
djb
Admin
djb

Best Beaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Beaches   Best Beaches EmptyWed May 06, 2009 12:28 am

At Mackay
Bucasia,our best and close to town (facilities next beach around at Shoal Point), Just north of Mackay (about 45km) at Cape Hillsborough (caravan park at beach front and council toilets and BBQs)
Airlie Beach areas - Midge Point (1 hour north) and Conway Beach (1 1/2 hours north of Mackay) - both have caravan parks, Conway's very nice, haven't tried Midge Point's park (Traveller's Rest), both have council toilets, Conway has BBQ area.
Also at Mackay, possibility on vigoro grounds (still waiting on final approval).
A good selection available, now we need to get together and use them.
Darren.
Back to top Go down
Kris
Kris

Best Beaches Empty
PostSubject: Capricorn Coast - Yeppoon   Best Beaches EmptyMon May 18, 2009 10:37 am

I like Farmborough. I prefer to set up north of the beachside van park, so there's access to facilities, including a shop. Just have to watch the tide so the creek is ok to cross if you want to go for the long run to the bay. I don't need my car on the beach. Many people like to go down onto the beach at Bangalee where there's 4WD access, but no loos or shop. Other people with 4WDs also go further north than Rydges for beach access. There's lots of accomodation near the beach, including beachside caravan park, which is at the southern end of it. It has powered and non powered camp sites, but you have to BYO as there's no units or vans for hire. Hope you can join us there soon. I"m looking forward to the June Wkend. Got my warm sleeping bag all ready.
Back to top Go down
wayneo
Admin

Best Beaches Empty
PostSubject: Glenmore School Oval   Best Beaches EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 1:53 pm

Constant NW to W winds can be easily sailed at the old oval at Glenmore State School. (corner of Farm St and Yaamba Rd)

I was down there today in a gusty westerly and found it quite easy going. A usefull alternative when Yeppoon isn't firing.
Back to top Go down
OLD FART
Admin
OLD FART

Best Beaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Beaches   Best Beaches EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 1:19 am

wayneo wrote:
Constant NW to W winds can be easily sailed at the old oval at Glenmore State School. (corner of Farm St and Yaamba Rd)

I was down there today in a gusty westerly and found it quite easy going. A usefull alternative when Yeppoon isn't firing.
We are suffering Westerly flu up here at Mackay too, must find alternative site for these winds as we are starting to suffer withdrawal symtoms from lack of sailing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best Beaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Beaches   Best Beaches Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Beaches
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Qld Blokart Club :: Welcome to C.Q.B.C. :: General Conversation-
Jump to: