Central Qld Blokart Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Central Qld Blokart Club

Central Queensland Blokart Club Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
THIS FORUM IS NOW CLOSED

NEW C.Q.B.C. FORUM
http://z3.invisionfree.com/CQBC_Forum

Labor Day Monday 04/05/09 Cape Hillsborough

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
djb
Admin
djb

Labor Day Monday 04/05/09 Cape Hillsborough Empty
PostSubject: Labor Day Monday 04/05/09 Cape Hillsborough   Labor Day Monday 04/05/09 Cape Hillsborough EmptySun May 03, 2009 12:37 pm

Social day planned at Cape Hillsborough for Monday, arriving around 10.00am, setup and sail, then lunch and sail some more.
Bbq available on site, BYO food and drinks.
Some of the Airlie guys are coming down for some practice, and a group of us will head up as well.All are welcome and the more the better.
Any enquiries phone me on 49521889 (don't panic about the answering machine, it's our work number too) or 0439775595 (text is better as customers keep interupting fun time).
Hope to see you there,
Darren.
Back to top Go down
djb
Admin
djb

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day Monday 04/05/09 Cape Hillsborough   Labor Day Monday 04/05/09 Cape Hillsborough EmptyMon May 04, 2009 1:43 pm

Cape Hillsborough put on a good flat beach and good wind, although gusty or still at times. Tactical moves proved important at times
with positions changing from lap to lap and race to race. Fifteen Blokarts showed up with numerous different pilots at the controls,
unfortunately, due to the short notice and other commitments, only Ivan was there to hold the flag for the Airlie crew.
Numerous guests were treated to a shadow ride (including our president Andrew being chauffeur driven by me!) and some that showed
ability having solo rides after more tuition.
After several hours of play time we packed up to a short 3/4 hour drive home happy knowing that we will definitely be returning for another go, sooner than later. Next time we will try for a bit more notice to allow more to turn up.
I'll see if I'm up to posting some of Debbie's photos,until next time, happy karting,
Darren.
Back to top Go down
OLD FART
Admin
OLD FART

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day Monday 04/05/09 Cape Hillsborough   Labor Day Monday 04/05/09 Cape Hillsborough EmptyTue May 05, 2009 12:09 am

djb wrote:
Cape Hillsborough put on a good flat beach and good wind, although gusty or still at times. Tactical moves proved important at times
with positions changing from lap to lap and race to race. Fifteen Blokarts showed up with numerous different pilots at the controls,
unfortunately, due to the short notice and other commitments, only Ivan was there to hold the flag for the Airlie crew.
Numerous guests were treated to a shadow ride (including our president Andrew being chauffeur driven by me!) and some that showed
ability having solo rides after more tuition.
After several hours of play time we packed up to a short 3/4 hour drive home happy knowing that we will definitely be returning for another go, sooner than later. Next time we will try for a bit more notice to allow more to turn up.
I'll see if I'm up to posting some of Debbie's photos,until next time, happy karting,
Darren.

My personal thanks to all who made the effort to attend Cap Hillsbourough sailing meeting, as quoted by Darren wind conditions made for some interesting position changes in the field, a good thing as it made us all put our thinking caps on, a good beach with good company look forward to another trip there. Debbie, looking forward to your photos on forum especialy the kart line up with all the happy pilots.
Regards to all Dave Moore Smile cheers Smile (Capricornia division, how did your weekend go??)
Back to top Go down
CapnNed
Admin
CapnNed

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day Monday 04/05/09 Cape Hillsborough   Labor Day Monday 04/05/09 Cape Hillsborough EmptyTue May 05, 2009 1:18 pm

What a fabulous day we had at 'The Cape' Fantastic to see so many turn out on the day with limited time to organise ourselves.
This club is really going places (literally) and the more of these off campus excursions we can arrange the better.

The Bianchi family had a 'day out' with all of them at the pointy end of racing all day. Special mention to Darren for out-foxing everyone on the last lap of that classic race...thought I had it shot to bits. I'll get you next time DB. pirat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day Monday 04/05/09 Cape Hillsborough   Labor Day Monday 04/05/09 Cape Hillsborough Empty

Back to top Go down

Labor Day Monday 04/05/09 Cape Hillsborough
Page 1 of 1