Central Qld Blokart Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Central Qld Blokart Club

Central Queensland Blokart Club Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
THIS FORUM IS NOW CLOSED

NEW C.Q.B.C. FORUM
http://z3.invisionfree.com/CQBC_Forum

Cape Hillsborough Thoughts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mr shifty
mr shifty

Cape Hillsborough Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Cape Hillsborough Thoughts   Cape Hillsborough Thoughts EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 2:47 pm

I wake up to the sound of my watch alarm going off at it's usual 5.30AM.
The eyes want to open but the brain is still in neutral and besides, the bed is too comfy.All i can hear is the sound of the waves crashing on the beach only 100 mtrs away. Great, means i've got extra time to check over the cart this morning.
No hurry,might go wake the kids,nah stuff it, if i stay 10 minutes more in bed hopefully the other half will put the kettle on.
In the distance i can hear talk,something about whips and thick rope and leather gloves. Just knew we were too close to that crowd.
I finally get out of bed,hot coffee waiting.With breaky finished,the kids have bolted to go chasing bush turkey's and looking for echidna's.
I walk down to the beach and i see roos on the beach, what the???
Talk about natural witches hats.
Walking back to the cabin i see others are starting to rise. Time to check over the kart and prepare for the race.
Half hour gone and all set to go.
On the beach now and in the kart, plenty of other competitors are starting to come down.Some nice looking karts here. Plenty of ideas maybe i could use on mine. The beach looks flawless, mountains towering above me. In with the rope,the sail gently fills and my silent journey has begun.Ahh the serenity. Just a bit over an hour till race time,might just practice a few things in front here i think. Hey whats that...another beach. I'm gone. Fifteen others try to follow in stealth. Yeah as if.
We come around the corner and down onto the other beach and bam the wind hits hard,in no time eleven of us are on two wheels and struggling to get back down on three. I look in my mirror and see a kart coming up real fast,i bend around to my right but they are cunning and passes on the left. I never even got a glimpse
Who is he????? Maybe a newbie or that fella from the nationals.Or was it one of the girls.
No time to waste it's HAMMERTIME.
What happens next is yours to type in after you come to cape hillsborough and catch them.
I dare ya !!!!!
Back to top Go down
wayneo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cape Hillsborough Thoughts   Cape Hillsborough Thoughts EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 10:46 am

Shifty, you've set a perfect scene there. See you there and we'll see how it pans out. lol!

There will no doubt be many more chapters to add to this tale.
Back to top Go down
wayneo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cape Hillsborough Thoughts   Cape Hillsborough Thoughts EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 2:53 pm

Only four more sleeps until the fun begins. See you all on Friday. alien
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cape Hillsborough Thoughts   Cape Hillsborough Thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down

Cape Hillsborough Thoughts
Page 1 of 1