Central Qld Blokart Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Central Qld Blokart Club

Central Queensland Blokart Club Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
THIS FORUM IS NOW CLOSED

NEW C.Q.B.C. FORUM
http://z3.invisionfree.com/CQBC_Forum

How good is it? Saturday 1/08/09 Bucasia

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
djb
Admin
djb

How good is it? Saturday 1/08/09 Bucasia Empty
PostSubject: How good is it? Saturday 1/08/09 Bucasia   How good is it? Saturday 1/08/09 Bucasia EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:01 pm

Finally we get low tides and good winds. Sounds like Farnsborough Beach is running well ,as is Cape Hillsborough from Old Fart's reports, and Bucasia Beach was also good. Similar speeds reported from Cape Hillsborough as we had at Bucasia. My GPS covered over 80km in distance and my hands attest to that. Lack of fast kart time and very competitive racing has left us with happily sore hands, apparently I need some concrete to harden up!
Sunday should bring more of the same and we will be trying for around an 11.00am start for some more fun until sundown.

Bring it on,
Darren.
Back to top Go down
OLD FART
Admin
OLD FART

PostSubject: Re: How good is it? Saturday 1/08/09 Bucasia   How good is it? Saturday 1/08/09 Bucasia EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:57 pm

djb wrote:
Finally we get low tides and good winds. Sounds like Farnsborough Beach is running well ,as is Cape Hillsborough from Old Fart's reports, and Bucasia Beach was also good. Similar speeds reported from Cape Hillsborough as we had at Bucasia. My GPS covered over 80km in distance and my hands attest to that. Lack of fast kart time and very competitive racing has left us with happily sore hands, apparently I need some concrete to harden up!
Sunday should bring more of the same and we will be trying for around an 11.00am start for some more fun until sundown.

Bring it on,
Darren.
Darren was right! Great to get out the three mtr, although did wind up back on four mtr with slight improved times, one over some new recruits at Hillsborough, newies keep me on the hop most of arvo, enjoy the interest shown by public to our sport. Seeyou all at Bucasia Sun. Old Fart.
Back to top Go down
wayneo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How good is it? Saturday 1/08/09 Bucasia   How good is it? Saturday 1/08/09 Bucasia EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 1:41 pm

Been getting in some long overdue sailing today on Farnborough Beach.
Yeppoon to Corio Bay and back this arvo and again tomorrow. 28 minutes to get there and 75 to get back. Damned wind change, it always happens. lol!

Great to hear you're getting some good winds up north. We only had up to 15kt today with forecast 15/20kt tomorrow. Here's hoping for a bigger blow.
Back to top Go down
wayneo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How good is it? Saturday 1/08/09 Bucasia   How good is it? Saturday 1/08/09 Bucasia EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 11:49 am

Farnborough was brilliant today, good strong SE winds. Lots of two wheeled action and good fast runs. Some good pics to come from a new forum member very shortly.
A few more weekends like this and I'll be warmed up nicely for Hillsborough.
Back to top Go down
djb
Admin
djb

PostSubject: Re: How good is it? Saturday 1/08/09 Bucasia   How good is it? Saturday 1/08/09 Bucasia EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 4:06 pm

Bucasia run well also with several newbies having their first runs, that gave my hands a break! We ended up with a bit more southerly than we prefer, but it was brisk and with the depth of beach gave us some very fast turns. Some dial up practice was also had but I missed out on that but had some good runs with the shadow with the visitors there. Hopefully some of the participants may become full blown karters as they were very keen and picked up skills very quickly. The beach is flattening out nicely again, so next run of daytime low tides should be even better.
Darren
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How good is it? Saturday 1/08/09 Bucasia   How good is it? Saturday 1/08/09 Bucasia Empty

Back to top Go down

How good is it? Saturday 1/08/09 Bucasia
Page 1 of 1